Want your Rottweiler trained? You need to proceed step by step to train this fiercely beautiful breed. A famous breed known for its physical strength, and mental abilities. So why not take advantage of it and start training them earlier? Here are few things you can do to teach your Rottweiler.
- Reward and appreciate – When you are training your puppy, a little appreciation will never hurt, neither you nor them. Rather it will help your relationship grow to heights and will establish you as their leader. Letting a Rottweiler know who the boss is something you might want to do for sure.
- Walk and exercise – Rotts are the physical kind of dogs. They need to be taken out for a walk. But use fun exercises too. As they may consider just walking as a boring thing to do. Ask their help in toys, bringing newspaper in by training them patiently, it will take time but will work for sure. A Rottweiler likes helping its owner.
- Don’t chase them – Rottweiler doesn’t like getting chased. They take it as an attack and prepare for self-defence. So you play with them, but never frighten them as this may completely ruin your image.
- Potty training – Potty training your doggy is possibly a hardest thing to do. But it takes time and you have to be patient. Be assertive, but not too much. Teach them how to go out and keep your house clean. Dogs are smart, they just need proper guidance.
- Make yourself the leader – Your dog will follow you after he learns to read your commands. You need to make yourself the leader and let your dog know that you are the one in charge here. Just be powerful both physically and mentally to control your dog.
- It’s a canine after all – Don’t forget that your dog is an animal; it is your job to teach them how to be civilised. Your guests may feel frightened but if your dog is trained well, he will be friendly under such circumstances.
- Teach them how to use that energy – Such energetic breeds need to be taught when to use their energy and when not to. If you stay calm, then they will remain calm too.
Your dog will always be a part of you. Whatever you do will affect his/her behaviour. So set an example for your dog and be his best friend so that your Rottweiler can be your best friend too.